Pages

August 7, 2011

Feather Extensions For Curly Hair (Part 1) + Cute New Tank

Hi all!

It seems like one of the latest hair trends is feather extensions. A variety of different colored and sized feathers can be seen on celebrities from Hilary Duff to Jennifer Love Hewitt to Selena Gomez.

Disclaimer: I do not own this image. 
Disclaimer: I do not own this image. 
Disclaimer: I do not own this image. 

So I wondered...how would they look on curly  hair. And not just Taylor Swift curly, but super-tight, pencil or straw like circumference curls (or even tighter)? I searched and searched for examples online, but couldn't find anything. So I decided to go ahead and buy some on e-bay and give it a shot. These feathers can be washed, blow dried, curled or straightened and otherwise treated like your own hair. The way they're shown in these photos is before I altered them in any way. I intend to show you all how I curled them into tight little curls in a later post and video, but I actually (surprisingly) like how they look straight out of the package too! What do you think?



UPDATE: CLICK HERE to see the feathers after I curled them.

This weekend I also had the chance to debut my new natural hair top.
It was originally a large t-shirt that I modified into a tank. I love the way it came out.
Here's a photo of it on. Bad quality, but you get the idea.


Here's a close-up of the image detail.


I bought the t-shirt from Zazzle.com. They have several style, size and color options. Here's the link to the one I modified: http://www.zazzle.com/afros_are_love_tshirt-235225762294239588

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
That's all for now. =)



4 comments:

  1. Those feathers look gorgeous as is! I think that they really accentuate your natural curls..very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I've since curled them and like them both ways pretty equally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must look into these feather extentions.... nice post

    India @ afro-indy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MrsWardy88 Thanks! I got mine on e-bay. I like them for a night/day out. =)

    ReplyDelete