Pages

August 24, 2011

Finally Took Out my Flat Iron 11 Months Post-Relaxer

The 20th, it marked the 11-months post relaxer mark!
Since I consciously began transitioning to natural hair, I've only flat ironed my hair once.
What I mean by consciously is that after I got my last relaxer, I flat-ironed it for 2 weeks straight because I had not yet decided that relaxer would be my last.
I went to a house party thrown by my coworkers this past weekend and decided to try it again. So, this was my 2nd time flat ironing.

After I straightened everything, I curled my ends in with the same flat iron.
Doing this tends to camouflage any dry or split ends and makes my hair look even healthier.
Plus, I like the added volume/bounce.


I do like the look. A lot actually.
But, I'm not feelin all the time and effort it takes to get it this way.
It took approx. 3 hours from start to finish.
And for all that trouble..it came out in the humid house. -_-
I think I'll definitley rock this look again, but only if I'm spending the day somewhere.
Like at a museum or a park or something.
But I doubt I'll ever flat iron it for any type of party or night out dancing.
I'll just end up sweating it out, and that's not worth all the trouble to me.

In other news, I'm moving this weekend! So I'll be really busy. But I'll update as soon as I can!

Thanks for reading!
Until next time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment