Pages

November 15, 2013

Halloween 2013

Hi all!
I know it's a whole new month now, but still, here is an update on how I wore my hair for Halloween. This year, my boyfriend and I decided to return to a themed couples costume. Our mutual love of The Walking Dead tv show prompted us to go as two of its characters: Rick Grimes and Michonne. Two very awesome, very badass individuals. 
Rick & Michonne
Disclaimer: I do not own this image. 
As you can see, Michonne wears locs, which I obviously don't have, but are very essential to portraying her character in costume. I had previously purchased a wig of locs when I was Lil' Jon for Halloween in high school one year, but I had left it at my mom's house and there was no way I'd be able to get it in time for this year's events. So what's a girl to do?

I created faux locs! How, you ask?
I gave myself a straw set! Then I simply removed the straws and left the curls chunked instead of separating them like I normally would. This was the result once I slapped a headscarf on it:
Pow! Faux locs!

Side-by-side with the TV character:
Disclaimer: I do not own the image on the left. 

And here is my full ensemble:

Can't forget my boyfriend:
Disclaimer: I do not own the image on the left. 

Lastly, two couple shots:


We took our costumes to Zombie Walk Long Beach which is a really fun annual Halloween music & art festival where everyone attends dressed in their Halloween costumes - particularly as zombies! Our costumes definitely were recognized among all those zombie enthusiasts. We had multiple people and groups of people stop us to ask for pictures! Overall fun! Thanks hair, for adding the finishing touch! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment