Pages

October 21, 2010

Braid Out!

I wore a pretty cute braid-out today. Here's how I did it:

Washed my hair in the morning. It was about 80% dry when I decided to put the braids in. Then I applied some Olive Oil Hair Moisturizing Lotion and Olive Oil Root Stimulator spray along with a spritz of water and combed it out.

I sectioned my hair into 3 different parts. I made one part that went from ear to ear and another that went right down the center of my head until it met the previous part. I didn't take the center part all the way down to the nape of my neck because I didn't think it would blend as well. So I ended up with one back section and two sections in the front on each side. Then I sectioned each section and began braiding:


I made around 16 braids all over my head:

I slept in them over night. (I need to go buy a silk head scarf to wrap my hair at night!)
In the morning I undid the braids and combed through them with my fingers. I sprayed more olive oil spray to hold them together and tousled my hair so it would fall the way I wanted it to.

Here are the results:



And I was ready to go! It was soft and shiny throughout the day. I was happy with the results.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to set the ends of my braids though. As of now, I'm using some Goody Girl hair ties and they aren't working the way I'd like them to...the texture of the braided hair clashes with the texture of the "banded" hair. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. How about instead of rubber bands use some sort of shaping pomade?

    ReplyDelete