Pages

October 21, 2010

*Drum Roll* Please...It's My Debut Post

Hi all!

This is my very first post, so let me introduce myself.
My name is Vanessa. I'm a 21-year-old half black, half Mexican college student currently located in Southern California. I love to write, play volleyball and try my hand at photography in my spare time. 

I am currently on a journey to wean myself off of the "creamy crack" (aka hair relaxer) and get back in touch with my true roots! Ha! (Pun intended.) I got my first relaxer in the 8th grade, and my last one on August 25th, 2010. I'm so tired of paying to damage my hair. I'm ready to work with what God gave me and stop working against it. Kinky hair is beautiful and I wish I had never thought otherwise! I can't wait to get my natural curls back.

I'm excited to document my journey back to natural hair. I'll be transitioning, because I've never had drastically shorter hair than I have now, so I'm not willing to do the big chop at this point. I don't think I can rock a TWA anyway...my face doesn't seem to be the right shape. (I'm new to all of the lingo of the natural hair world too by the way.) Maybe someday, others can use my experience as a resource for their own journey. In the future, it will be fun to look back and see how far I've come. I also really just want to connect with other transitioners and natural hair divas out there to help make this journey easier!

So join me on my journey to going napptural! =]

-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment